Floor coverings in contemporary design are represented by a number of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top 1poshtoram.ru position among this elegant assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colors, such flooring look spectacular and stylish, and fit with almost any style of room design.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive need for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural sound wood, so it’s often employed as the main element for decorating floors.
One of the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating does not wear off and doesn’t lose its allure even after 50 years;
- security in program. The planks are resistant to high temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products are not afraid of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mold;
- superb thermal insulation. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which in elevated temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to flooring made of natural stone or wood.
However ideal this material is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of artificial laminate can include:
- The high price. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained by the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it’s made of special types of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a durable and beautiful finishing material.
The two kinds of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are available.