Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is relevant not only in regions with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the period of fruit-bearing of submerged crops or masterseptika.ru year-round usage.
The advantages of these glazing are all undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation can protect plants from early frosts.
- Dual glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and consequently saves electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer from strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service lifetime of glazing with proper handling is more than just a couple of years.
- The decorative look of glazing allows you not to conceal the greenhouse from the bathtub, and install it in the front yard. Some proprietors of original shape greenhouses make them the principal decoration of the yard or garden.
Additionally, manufacturers provide double-glazed dividers using a set of necessary functions, such as special coatings for heat and energy conserving , protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
System of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows may be with special vents for ventilation, that can be outfitted with apparatus together with the purpose of automatic launching. This is very convenient, because not always the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. By way of instance, the French are using just such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: a glass will be your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass does not retain UV rays, which are essential for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, so allowing you to get the most out of the energy of sun.
- If you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, extreme heat and even powerful frost is not going to be any problem with the construction). Furthermore, there is a chance to put in heating devices in them.
Naturally, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that need to be taken into account when constructing it. By way of example, the simple fact that glass is rather heavy substance (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must affect the existence of a good base, in addition to the building of a strong structure – framework.
How to Create a greenhouse from yourself
On a bright day, the transparent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar power. It is absorbed by black surfaces (ground, plants, equipment ), turns into long-wave radiation and stays in the construction. This transformation occurs with the release of warmth, which makes a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows perfectly allow the sun’s beams inside the room and nearly completely retain the back radiation, not permitting it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike movie, glass is the most heat-saving substance, which is one of the principal attributes of a great greenhouse.